Call for Papers for 6th Balkan Computer Congress – BalCCon2k18
14 | 15 | 16 September 2018, Novi Sad, Vojvodina, Serbia, Europe, Earth, Milky Way
Balkan Computer Congress is an annual three days gathering of the international hacker community in the organization of LUGoNS – Linux Users Group of Novi Sad. The first part of the program has been envisaged to be a set of presentations, workshops and lectures on the current topics regarding privacy, technology, software development, free software & socio-political issues. Hands-on projects and hacking have been planned for the second part of the program.
The Location: Novi Sad is the centre of Vojvodina, northern province of Serbia, famous for its multicultural history and active artistic and technological scene (e.g., music festival Exit). With a prestigious night life combined with the warm and welcoming character, Novi Sad offers inexpensive prices for lodging and dining, compared to the neighbouring EU. If you’re in Novi Sad or nearby during these dates, this is the place you want to be!
Our goal is to gather all the communities from the region, continent and the World in an effort to hack, play, learn, pass knowledge and exchange experience. BalCCon aims to become the central hacker community in South East Balkan, as well as to provide an opportunity for all people in this part of Europe to connect and to cooperate.
Having said that, we would like to invite you to make and send us proposals for talks, lectures and workshops on all topics of relevance. Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Hardware: Hacking, Making, Electronics, Lock Picking...
- Software: Programming, A.I., F.O.S.S., Demo scene, preservation
- Embedded Systems and Software
- Security : Reverse engineering, vulndev, malware analysis and new trends in malicious codes, penetration testing and security assessment, security in telco environments
- Low-level hacking (console security & mobile devices)
- Biometrics Technologies Indexing and Query Processing for Moving Object
- Networks / Telecommunication: Internet, Alternative networks, Wireless Communications, GSM, HAM Radio...
- Privacy: Tor,Darknets, Crypto, LPM, LOPPSI, HADOPI, - Industrial espionage, cyberwar
- Legal, Political and Social: Hacker Ethics, Forensics, Censorship, Politics, Hackerspaces/Communities, Psychology...
- Science: DIY science, citizen scitents, emerging research, novel uses of technology, crowd-sourcing for science...
- Arts And Crafts: LASERs!!!, music, wearable electronics, artisan crafts, retro gaming, food, brewing, fermentation ...
And any other topic we might have missed but you think might be interesting!
Online submissions only:
All submissions of lectures and workshops have to be entered into our conference planning system, which is located at the following URL: https://frab.balccon.org/en/Balccon2k18/cfp/session/new. Please follow the instructions there. If you have any questions regarding the submission, you are welcome to contact us via e-mail at orga (at) balccon.org.
Talks should be no longer than 45 minutes plus 15 minutes for questions and answers. Longer slots are possible in principle. There are 20-minute slots as well. Please tell us the proposed length of your talk at the time of submission. In addition, there are 5-minute short talks (so-called Lightning Talks) for small ideas, projects, or rants. These will only be organized during the event.
Language of the Presentation
BalCCon is an international conference, therefore your submissions should be in English. It is expected that we will have participants from all over the World, so it is important to have a common language.
The Balkan Computer Congress is a non-profit oriented event and speakers are not paid. However, financial help on accommodation may be possible, within our means, for all accepted submissions. Don’t be shy and state your requirements in the application when submitting your proposal.
Dates and Deadlines
All submissions will be reviewed by our Program Committee. Authors will be notified upon acceptance of their talk.
- July 1st, 2018 (23:59 UTC): Submission deadline
- July 15th, 2018: Final notification of acceptance
- September 14th – 16th, 2018: BalCCon – Balkan Computer Congress